Improve by doing this...

Do not make me put in specific dates for each flight

This is supposed to be am early planning tool. If I already had specific dates for each flight, I would NOT need this website to help me. As it is, this tool is useless.

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Teddy CoryTeddy Cory shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Chris HeidrichChris Heidrich responded  · 

Adding dates was never necessary on our site. It was only necessary to get a real price with availability. That’s just how the system works.

But now, we have real-time fare estimates so you can see the estimated price in a range as you build.

I think that’s what Teddy was suggesting here. Let us know what you think.

Here are the release notes:

http://www.bootsnall.com/blog/indie-release-notes-for-jan-30-2014.html

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ben EllisBen Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe whilst you are looking at this - make it so we can add the number of days/weeks we wish to visit the destination. Coupled with a trip start date, automatically adjust trip dates based on it. So playing around with the start dates and the length of visits - various options can be saved and considered.

• rielAdminriel (Admin, BootsnAll Travel Network) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teddy, we need to find a way to make it easier for early-planners to get an estimate. We have not forgotten you. Do you have suggestions on how you’d like to see this work to be really valuable to you?

Meanwhile, I know this is not what you are looking for, but here’s something you can do to get an estimate while we get this addressed.

After you enter your stops, put in some dummy dates. Make the first date 6 weeks into the future. Make every stop after that 2 weeks ahead of the last. Click Search fares. The price you get can serve as an estimate. Just add and subtract about 30% to get a range.

I can’t promise this range to be “true,” for when you actually purchase your route, but I can promise that the estimate you are getting is based on actual prices (not computer-generated estimates).

When you are ready to start searching for real, start checking prices 3-6 months ahead if you can, for the best pricing and availability.

Not sure if you’ve already been here, but this might also be helpful for planning your route http://www.bootsnall.com/rtw/planning

Feedback and Knowledge Base