Improve by doing this...

add info on Cali, Colombia

Hi,
I'd like to share information about Cali, Colombia. I clicked on the "send us a blurb" site and landed here...

Overview:
Easy climate, easy living, southern hospitality...Cali is more than just the salsa capital of Colombia. The climate is nearly always at the perfect temperature for sitting outside at a cafe. It's a typical city atmosphere, with plenty of shopping malls and cinemas but is not very touristy and can be a good place to hide out and hang with the locals (or to learn and practice your Spanish). Some parts of the city are still a little rough, with empty lots next to expensive shops, but the municipal government has been investing into infrastructural improvements and safety and it is slowly changing. Overall, the people were respectful and accommodating and as a single woman I felt comfortable exploring on my own.

Things to do:
-Take an early morning jog or walk along the Rio Cali
-Visit Lago Calima, home of the national Kite-surfing championships. Camp for the weekend and take kite-surfing lessons (Kayros Kiteschool)!
-Visit the Gold Museum
-Try tons of amazing fresh fruit juices like limeade frappe and lula juice
-See the anacondas at one of the largest zoos in South America, and unique South American mammals
-Climb el Cerro de los tres Cruces on a Saturday morning
-Tons of options for learning salsa and dancing late into the night

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chloe WielandChloe Wieland shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)