Improve by doing this...

Can't edit/customize a route

I read the article "Can I edit an existing route?" which says to use a link "Customize this route". Unfortunately, there is no such link in my window. See screenshot. If I try "Save" and give the name of the route I am trying to edit, I get the error message "You already have a route with this name - xxx".

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Peter WannhedenPeter Wannheden shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

G’day Peter,

You can edit your saved routes via the ‘your routes’ page in your BootsnAll profile:
    http://indie.bootsnall.com/routes.php?action=routes

Clicking on the blue route link will open it up in Indie with your most recent save of that route. Then you can edit as you wish.

The “customize this route” link that you’re looking for only appears in rare instances when there is a base route. For example:
    http://indie.bootsnall.com/STO-HNL-SYD-CEB-STO
    (notice how there are no numbers at the end of the URL).

Let me know if you have more questions.

cheers,
    Chris

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Peter WannhedenPeter Wannheden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, this is what I tried to explain in the last statement of my post. I call up an existing route and make a change. Then, to save the change, I click the red "Save route" button in the blue banner with "Your route" on the left. This brings a new window with the heading "Save route" and a text field "Name". I want to update the existing route, not create a new one, so I enter the name of the existing route and click "Save". Now I get the error message "You already have a route with this name - xxx".

In effect, your system does not allow edits/updates, it only allows creating new versions.

Feedback and Knowledge Base