What's the biggest challenge in planning your trip so far?

Day 3 - What is your families' why?

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Adam Seper shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My main reasons are time with family and the fact that I hate feeling tied down to our house and current life. There is so much more out there and I want to be able to experience it

• circe schwentor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our main reason is to spend time with the kids and sjare this experience with.them. I feel that travel is an education that cant be duplicated.

• Jennifer Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Paige, I love that... all of it. It is important to seize the day and make it happen while we can. Kids grow up so fast!! We're not guaranteed tomorrow... so thankful that we took the plunge when we did. For us, our Why is centered around our relationships with our children, making memories and deepening their educations!

• Paige Conner Totaro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For my husband and I, it was something we had talked about doing for years, because we wanted to expand our kids' world view. When they hit 6th grade and we hadn't done it, we decided we'd better put a plan in motion before it was too late, when their friends and activities and pre-college requirements might take precedence. We left in the fall of their 7th grade year, and we could not have been happier with the decision. They are old enough to digest what they see and question assumptions, and it has been an incredible bonding experience for us.

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base