What's the biggest challenge in planning your trip so far?

Day 11 - Where and when might you slow down? Why did you pick these destination(s)?

0 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Chris Heidrich shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Allison Adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We will be traveling for a year, and I was thinking of slowing down in Kenya, after a safari, of course, to volunteer at a school for a month or so, and also in southern Spain where a friend offered a house for as long as we want to be there. She also offered to look into a job offer for me teaching English in a school for children. So maybe three months there, including Christmas, so we'll be with a friend for the holidays. But the rest is pretty up in the air.

• Laly73UK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jennifer that sound great, house sitting. For me it is a long way until we actually go but I definitely want to take it very very slow, up to 6 months in one place in some cases and move on. We will definitely travel all around South America for at least 6 months to improve our Spanish then go to South East Asia for 3 months and so on. We will have 2 years to go wherever we choose to.

• Jennifer Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're slowing down right now, with a house sit in New Zealand! We'll be in Australia for three months next, two of those will be spent at a house sit on the beach near Melbourne. For us, that's the perfect balance between forward motion, free exploration and a "settled" feeling that lets us really relax and enjoy a place... what about you?

Feedback and Knowledge Base