What's the biggest challenge in planning your trip so far?

Day 13 - Where will you begin your RTW trip?

0 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chris Heidrich shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sabrina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are beginning our RTW trip in Peru this September. We were thinking of starting in Costa Rica, but the flight there was too expensive. We're doing the Southern Hemisphere first because it will be springtime and a little less expensive. That means we'll end up in Europe in winter, but we'll try and stick to the southern part.

• Allison Adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are starting in Ireland next July, because we will go with our neighbors who are from there. After a couple of weeks, they will go home, and we will start the rest of the adventure. I'm still having trouble figuring out the good weather-northern/southern hemisphere itinerary. For example, we may need to leave Europe before we're finished, and then return later.

• Denise Silzer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Easy for us as we always knew we would start in Brazil for World cup. However, that does put us in South America for their winter and, as we will be travelling the southern end, it is not ideal weather but it is what it is!

• Tami commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We still haven't decided! We aren't leaving for a year. I'd prefer to start in Asia (we live on the West Coast), but we have family in Ontario and it would be nice to spend some time with them before taking off. If we go that direction, then we'd start in Europe, or maybe head south through the US and Mexico... these are the kinds of tough decision I like having to make :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base