What's the biggest challenge in planning your trip so far?

Day 16 - What visas will your family need? Do you plan to get any before leaving? Why or why not?

0 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Chris Heidrich shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Shari Wiemer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Visa research helped me figure out that I don't want to go to Russia or Brazil after all based on the expense of entering those countries. However, I'm willing to pay the price for Egypt, Vietnam, Bali, Australia and likely Cambodia too.

• Kellie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks so much for sharing your FAIL, because you just saved us from making the same mistake!!! I was assuming the same thing. Darnit...one more thing to add the ever growing To Do list!

• Jennifer Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have done some of each... planned and arranged ahead of time, and some sorted out on the fly. Our biggest visa FAIL was not realizing that we needed to pre-pay for our Australian visas (easily done online) before we flew... we nearly missed our flight out of Denpasar in the confusion. What I learned from that: Make no assumptions!! I assumed that Australia would (naturally!) have a reciprocal VOA agreement with the USA... yeah, not so much. Do your homework!! :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base