What's the biggest challenge in planning your trip so far?

Day 22 - What type of luggage is everyone bringing? Do you have it all yet? Tips for choosing luggage?

0 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Chris Heidrich shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Paige Conner Totaro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I loved Jennifer's advice on this. It really is such a personal decision, and based on so many factors. Since we've got two 13-year-olds who can lug their own stuff, we chose to each bring one carry-on size rolling suitcase (though they were still too big to carry on for the economy airlines like RyanAir) and a daypack. We knew we'd be taking a mix of planes, trains, buses and autos, and we didn't want to always have a backpack. If I had brought a larger case, I'm sure I would have figured out how to bring more stuff, which really isn't necessary. As it is, I have packed 19 kilograms of stuff into my tiny suitcase, because I am a master space manipulator, so I'd be paying extra baggage fees if my case were bigger. The only time I wished I'd had a backpack was when we had to lug our bags to a 5th floor walkup apartment rental. But we managed. Mostly, I was glad to have a bag with wheels to pull behind me.

Feedback and Knowledge Base