Our goal is to make Indie as easy to use as possible, but sometimes you may find that it does not return a price for your route. Here are some things to try to ensure Indie has all the information it needs.
- Make sure the date is in US format : MM/DD/YYYY . The easiest way to do this is by using the date-picker calendar icon.
- Make sure the date is at least 1 day in advance but not more than 11 months out.
- Make sure your itinerary has at least two stops which are different (a departure city and an arrival city).
- Make sure you have not selected overland segments for all your flights.
More reasons you may not be getting a fare:
1. Are you arriving at a smaller airport?
This happens when:
- the airport is small and has only some routes operating
- there isn’t a flight available on the date you want to fly
- Try other dates. Manually trying 3 days before and after is a good place to start because it covers all days of the week. You can also check online resources such as Openflights.org to find the routes operating at a specific airport.
- Look for a larger airport nearby and try to fly there instead. Or add a stop at an airport that has flights to the smaller one to help Indie connect the dots.
An example is flights to Greenland - you may want to include a stop in Reykjavik (REK).
2. Are you planning a simple round-trip flight?
Indie is optimized for multi-stop routes, so creating a simple round-trip is a little different than what we're used to from other websites. See how it's done here.
Still having trouble?
Email us (email@example.com), call us (1 (503) 528-1005) or skype us (@BTNskype) for help.