You've bought your tickets! Congratulations! Celebrate! Post to Facebook, Twitter, your blog, or merely smile quietly to yourself as your work-mates toil on unawares.
Your work is not done quite yet, however. Here is a checklist of things to do now to avoid issues during your trip, or surprises at the airport.
Proofread and check everything
- Check the name at the top of your confirmation document EXACTLY matches the name in the passport.
- Check each of your flights in your confirmation document to ensure they are what you wanted/expected.
- Check your passport is valid 6 months after the date of your last flight.
- Ensure you have the required visas for all your stops and transit points.
- Confirm your current checked luggage allowances for each flight. If needed, purchase additional allowance via the airline website, or their call center.
- Log-in to each airline website and check your booking. You may be able to add more information (such as passport numbers) or select seats, which saves time at the airport. If the airline allows it, add contact information to be alerted of schedule changes.
Next: Emergencies, Cancellations & Changes